STO Garant Guarantee Scheme
In order to meet its statutory obligation to provide a guarantee, Bike Villas Travel makes use of the guarantee scheme provided by STO Garant. You can check that this is the case by visiting STO Garant’s website and verifying that the organisation is listed as a participant (www.sto-garant.nl/en/members).
You can find all information relating to STO Garant at www.stogarant.nl/en. Whether STO Garant's guarantee applies to a particular (travel) offer made by Bike Villas Travel is clearly stated for that offer. The Guarantee Scheme specifies what the guarantee covers and which conditions apply. You can find the Guarantee Scheme on STO Garant's website (www.stogarant.nl/en/downloads).If STO Garant's guarantee applies to your booking, you do not pay the booking sum to Bike Villas Travel but instead into the escrow account belonging to Stichting Derdengelden Certo Escrow, a payment services provider registered with De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM).
This trust account holds your payment in reserve until the trip booked has come to an end. If services are not supplied (in full and/or on time) due to the financial insolvency of Bike Villas Travel, STO Garant implements the guarantee. The Guarantee Scheme details how you can make a claim under the guarantee in such cases.
- Cancellation between 365 days and 365 days before the date of arrival: 10% of the holiday price;
- Cancellation between 182 and 364 days before the date of arrival: 30% of the holiday price;
- Cancellation between 122 and 181 days before the date of arrival: 70% of the holiday price;
- Cancellation between 61 and 121 days before the arrival date, 80% of the holiday price;
- Cancellation between 1 and 60 days before the arrival date, 95% of the holiday price;
- Cancellation on or after the arrival date, 100% of the holiday price.